IT Service Assistant Intern
The European Medicines Verification Organisation (EMVO)
EMVO is a Belgian non-profit organisation created in 2015 as a joint initiative of EU supply chain stakeholders, representing pharmaceutical manufacturers, wholesalers, community pharmacists and hospitals. We ensure the implementation of a functioning, secure, interoperable and cost-effective system across Europe, to ensure patient health and safety.
EMVO is responsible for the European Medicines Verification System (EMVS), a European-wide system created to prevent falsified medicines from entering the legal supply chain. It demonstrates the principle of European integration and has a real-world impact for patients and the healthcare sector across the EU and EEA member states.
Alongside our founding stakeholders, we work with the European Commission, 30 National Medicines Verification Organisations (NMVOs), and over 2000+ pharmaceutical companies are currently connected to our system.
Our internship programme
As the IT Service Assistant Intern, you will play an active role in the Operations department; you will directly work and report to the IT Service Manager. This internship will have a duration of six months.
Overview of tasks
You will be involved in a European project delivering products regarding the FMD (Falsified Medicines Directive) to all countries in Europe. Your main tasks involve:
- Working closely with the IT Service Team to ensure appropriate communication within the customers and IT troubleshooting.
- Document, update, and complete all knowledge articles in the appropriate Knowledgebase system.
- Assist in handling service requests and incoming calls from customers.
- Driving the incidents and problems required to the service backlog.
- Ensure internal readiness and transfer knowledge for any new process and writing SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures).
- Assist in steering service continuity’s improvements activities.
- Perform other Operations related duties and responsibilities.
- You have the desire to go above and beyond and are eager to learn.
- You are motivated, proactive and able to work with cross-functional teams.
- You stay cool under pressure.
- You are familiar with Microsoft tools, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- You are a student in any relevant field, such as Computer Science, Business Management and Administration, Engineering or Information Technology program.
- It is considered a plus: you know software development life cycle (SDLC) and ITIL standards.
- You are a current enrolled BA/BSc or MA/MSc student able to sign an internship agreement with EMVO.
- A 6-month internship;
- A monthly compensation package;
- A chance to gain valuable experience in a multilingual environment;
- Full support and mentoring from our staff;
- The opportunity to gain first-hand experience in the pharmaceutical sector and in an organisation related to European Affairs.
Our office is based in the heart of Brussels and is easily accessible by public transport.
You can communicate effectively in English and possess both solid verbal and writing skills. Any other European languages will be seen as an asset.
Call LOUISE EISCHORN
at the number: +32 2 657 51 71