Project Management Internship
The European Medicines Verification Organisation (EMVO) is a Belgian non-profit organisation created in 2015 as a joint initiative of EU supply chain stakeholders, representing pharmaceutical manufacturers, wholesalers, community pharmacists and hospitals. We ensure the implementation of a functioning, secure, interoperable and cost-effective system across Europe, to ensure patient health and safety.
EMVO is responsible for the European Medicines Verification System (EMVS), a European-wide system created to prevent falsified medicines from entering the legal supply chain. It demonstrates the principle of European integration and has a real-world impact for patients and the healthcare sector across the EU and EEA member states.
Alongside our founding stakeholders, we work with the European Commission, 30 National Medicines Verification Organisations (NMVOs), and over 2000+ pharmaceutical companies are currently connected to our system.
Our internship programme
As the Project Manager Intern, you will play an active role in the Operations department, you will be directly working and reporting to the Project Manager.
This internship will have a duration of six months.
Overview of tasks
You will be involved in a European project delivering products regarding the FMD (Falsified Medicines Directive) to all countries in Europe. Your main tasks involve:
- Working closely with the Project Manager to ensure appropriate communication within the team and reporting to key stakeholders.
- Participating in project ceremonies: daily meetings, project plan, backlog grooming and retrospective sessions.
- Preparing and documenting meetings when required.
- Driving the changes required to the product backlog.
- Collaborating with the support team to ensure internal readiness and transfer knowledge for any new process, including Writing SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures).
What are the requirements?
- You have the desire to go above and beyond and are eager to learn.
- You are motivated, proactive and able to work with cross-functional teams.
- You can communicate effectively and possess both solid verbal and writing skills.
- You stay cool under pressure.
- You are familiar with Microsoft tools including Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- You are a current BA/BSc or MA/MSc student able to sign an internship agreement with EMVO.
- You are a student in a relevant field, such as Project Management, Business Management and Administration, IT, IT Engineering.
- Is considered a plus: you know software development life cycle (SDLC) and ITIL standards.
You can communicate effectively in English and possess both solid verbal and writing skills. Any other European languages will be seen as an asset.
- A 6-month internship (from January);(3 months min.)
- A monthly compensation package (if allowed by University)
- A chance to gain valuable experience in a multilingual environment;
- Full support and mentoring from our staff;
- The opportunity to gain first-hand experience in the pharmaceutical sector and in an organisation related to European Affairs.
Our office is based in the heart of Brussels and is easily accessible by public transport.
Call ALEXANDRA CHANSAY WILMOTTE
at the number: 026575171