EMVO is a Belgian non-profit organisation created in 2015 as a joint initiative of EU supply chain stakeholders, representing pharmaceutical manufacturers, wholesalers, community pharmacists and hospitals. We ensure the implementation of a functioning, secure, interoperable and cost-effective system across Europe, to ensure patient health and safety.
EMVO is responsible for the European Medicines Verification System (EMVS), a European-wide system created to prevent falsified medicines from entering the legal supply chain. It demonstrates the principle of European integration and has a real-world impact for patients and the healthcare sector across the EU and EEA member states.
Alongside our founding stakeholders, we work with the European Commission, 30 National Medicines Verification Organisations (NMVOs), and over 2000+ pharmaceutical companies are currently connected to our system.
Our internship programme
As the intern in Finance and Accounting (FNA) team, you will play an active role in the day-to-day activities of the department, supporting the strategic direction and vision of the department. The department consists of 3 people: Head of Finance & Accounting, Financial Analyst and Accounting & Finance Officer
In general, you will work under one supervisor, who will take an active role in your development; however, you will have the opportunity to work on different projects and areas within the department.
Overview of tasks
You will complete a range of functions depending on the day-to-day needs of the department, such as:
1- Finance and Reporting
- Provide support in the creation and maintenance of financial planning data
- Maintain, and update business and finance related reports and prepare analysis
- Support and Maintenance of Business Intelligence (BI) tool
- Assist in the creation of presentations
2- Document management
- Create, maintain and update SOPs
- Create, maintain and update business-related documentation
3- Second level support
- Provide support and guidance to pharmaceutical companies on business and finance related queries
What are we looking for?
- A current BA/BSc or MA/MSc student able to sign a University/Haute Ecole internship agreement with EMVO
- A positive attitude with a service-driven and problem-solving mindset;
- Strong analytical, organisational and planning skills;
- Excellent time management skills;
- The ability to prioritise, work independently and accurately on tasks;
- Proficiency with MS Office;
- A first experience with accounting and software is considered a plus;
- You are a student in the finance field;
Excellent English written and spoken
What we offer
- A 6 months internship (3 months min.)
- A chance to gain valuable experience in a multilingual environment;
- Full support and mentoring from our staff;
- The opportunity to gain first-hand experience in the pharmaceutical sector and in an organisation related to European Affairs.
Call ALEXANDRA CHANSAY WILMOTTE
at the number: 026575171